All players are required to have been fully registered to participate in any Foster Park Sports event or activities.
BMBL - BROOKLYN MIDNIGHT BASKETBALL LEAGUE
OPENING DAY APRIL 1ST
PS. 390 at 6:00pm
*Note: If we incur bad weather, we will moved opening day to TUESDAY, July 7th.*
WEEKDAY GAMES ARE HELD AT
Wednesday and Friday
Game 1: 6:30pm
Game 2: 7:30pm
Official Rules of the Brooklyn Midnight Basketball League
Section I – Number of Players
1. Teams are allowed a maximum of 10 players during the time of registration.
A. Prior to the week 2, a team is allowed to acquire players through free agency or trades for a maximum of 10 players on active roster.
B. Teams may not acquire more than 10 players at any time.
2. Teams are allowed to play with only 4 players.
3. If a team has less than 4 players at the original start time of the game, the team will be given a 10 minute wait period. The clock will start at the original start time of the game and run until the end of quarter. The opposing team is granted 1 points for each minute a 5th player is not on the court and ready to play. If a 5th player arrives before the end of quarter, the game picks up at the point of run-off.
Section IV – Last Three Minutes
1. When the game clock shows 3:00, the half is considered to be in the three-minute period.
2. The clock will stop on all dead-balls during the three-minute period.
Section VIII – Conduct
1. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game.
2. A maximum of two technical for unsportsmanlike acts may be assessed any player, coach or trainer. Any of these offenders may be ejected for committing only one unsportsmanlike act, and they must be ejected for committing two unsportsmanlike acts.
3. Any player or team personnel assessed 6 technical fouls during a season will result in suspension for the remainder of the season. Any player or team personnel suspended from 2 seasons will no longer be allowed to participate in any other league events.
4. Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical fouls. Running tirades, continuous criticism or griping may be sufficient cause to assess a technical. Excessive misconduct shall result in ejection from the game.
5. A player, coach or trainer must be ejected for:
A. A punching foul
B. A fighting foul
C. Technical foul for an attempted punch or swing with no contact or a thrown elbow toward an opponent above shoulder level with no contact
D. Flagrant foul penalty
E. Participation in the game when not on team’s active roster list
6. A player ejected from play must remove himself/herself from the court of play in a timely manner. Failure to do so will result in his or her team forfeiting game.